1. We will carry out the work set out on your quote for the price that is stated under the following terms and conditions. All prices include VAT at the current rate.
2. Your quote is valid for 28 days and we must begin the work within 90 days of your acceptance. After this time your quote will no longer be valid, and you will need to get another quote.
3. The price we quote does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos, that we could not reasonably identify when we gave you your quote. You can call a specialist contractor to remove these dangerous materials or we may be able to arrange for them to be removed at an extra cost. When asbestos is removed you will need to produce a ‘site clearance for reoccupation’ certificate, which you can get from the asbestos removal company, before we can continue to work at your property.
4. The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials, including your old boiler and central heating parts we replace.
5. Any time frames we give you are our best estimates and we will do what we can to keep to those time frames. Where there are likely to be delays, we will let you know as soon as possible and agree new time frames with you. The time it takes us to complete the work has no effect on the price we quoted you.
6. We may need you to lift carpets or take up all or some other floor coverings, including tongue-and-grooved floor coverings and parquet hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, so we can complete the work. We will give you as much notice as possible if we need you to do this. You can call a specialist contractor to do this work or we may be able to do it for you at an extra cost. If we do any of this work for you, we will only be responsible for any unnecessary damage caused directly by our negligence and it will be your responsibility to put the flooring back once the work is completed.
7. We will take care to carry out the work without causing damage to your property. If we cause unnecessary damage because of negligence we will put it right. Sometimes the work means we have to create access if there is not enough pipework or wiring in place to install the boiler, and this can cause damage to things like inside and outside finishing’s such as wall coverings and paint. You may need to redecorate, repair or restore certain areas once the work is completed - this is not included in the price we quoted, and you will be responsible for this.
8. If you are a tenant, you will need your landlord’s permission before you can allow us to start the work, and we may need you to give us evidence that you have got this permission. If we carry out work at the landlord’s property and you have not got permission or have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get your landlord’s permission.
9. If your property is a listed building, it is your responsibility to make sure that you get any permission you need before we start the work, and we will need evidence from you that you have got this permission. If you do not get the permission you need, you may be prosecuted in the criminal courts. We will not be able to start any work if you have not got the appropriate planning permission or if you are unable to give us evidence that you have this permission. If we carry out work at your property and you have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get the permission you needed, which may include court fines and penalties.
10. You will need to have an adequate gas and electricity supply to your property before we can start the work. We can put you in touch with a gas or electricity distribution company to arrange this if you need us to.
11. Where we have connected new equipment to your existing system, we cannot accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system that later develop faults, unless we have been negligent in not realising that this damage to your existing system would happen or unless the way we carried out the work was negligent and this caused the fault.
12. We will test your water supply pressure before we start work. As water supply rates can change, we cannot be responsible for your central-heating system failing to work properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or keeps changing, unless we were negligent in how we tested your water pressure.
13. We cannot be responsible if we cannot meet our responsibilities because of things beyond our control including, for example, poor weather conditions, industrial disputes and strikes (that we are not directly involved in).
14. To carry out the work as quickly as possible, we may use one of our approved installers. All installers that we use are fully qualified, Gas Safe registered and carry identity cards.